Turmeric is the Questlove to Ginger’s Black Thought in this version of the real Roots.
Go ahead throw this on while prepping this super infused elixir.
Turmeric breaks you off with plenty of health benefits including anti-inflammatory and potentially even anti-cancer properties.
Ginger, not about that Jack Gallagher life, is a staple in my diet. Being a king member of the roots kingdom, along with Turmeric, Ginger helps to clothesline heel cholesterol, pummel PMS and help out with digestion.
Let’s call the action on this health powerbomb elexir…laying down the Turmeric Ginger Lemon Law.
1 inch fresh Turmeric root or 1 hefty tsp of organic ground Turmeric
2 inch fresh Ginger root
1 half lemon, halfed…you know 2 quarters
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp hemp oil or olive oil
- 4-5 Cups of water in the pan
- Shave the skin off the Turmeric and Ginger and slice rather thinly for better absorption…toss into water
- Squeeze lemon into water and throw in the lemons themselves
- Add and stir in black pepper and oil
- Bring to boil, lower to medium-low and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, strain into mason jars
- Enjoy hot or cold, maybe add a little honey or agave syrup!
Super simple recipe to super start your day. Tweak the recipe as you see fit, add cinnamon, more water…whatever you think would taste well!